Your Pre-Holiday Beauty Timeline for 2019
The cold weather will be here before we know it, and 2019 is almost over. With only a few months left in the year, that means one thing: it’s the holiday season! Everyone wants to look their best for the friends and family they haven’t seen in ages. But to be on top of your glow-up game (without completely stressing out), you need to start planning. So, here is the Beauty Timeline for you this year.
Everyone’s schedule is different, but here are a few beauty priorities to fit into each month. By spacing things out and taking care of yourself, you’ll look amazing and avoid last-minute freak-outs.
To have a flawless look, you need a healthy base. While you’re still a few weeks out from Thanksgiving and Christmas, start helping your skin look as bright and smooth as possible.
- Spa appointment: Schedule a spa appointment so you can relax and rejuvenate with a facial. It will help tone up your pores and improve skin texture. If you really want to feel fancy, you can try out dermal fillers or BOTOX® treatments offered at a medspa. Here in Omaha, we have places that do chemical peels, micro-needling, and more – so check out your options!
- Skin resurfacing: Light therapy is an easy way to have your skin look instantly brighter. Laser resurfacing and other laser treatments like the ones at my local Omaha medspa are terrific ways to smooth out your skin and fade scars or dark spots.
- Cleanse and moisturize: Don’t forget the basics when you’re pampering the face. Even if you aren’t a fan of complicated skincare routines, be sure to cleanse and moisturize every morning and night.
November: Hair & Makeup
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, now’s the time to freshen up your hair and makeup. Check off all the little details so you can feel totally put together in family photos.
- Salon trip: A new cut and color is the easiest way to completely change up your look. Maybe try out a darker shade that goes well with fall and winter. If you’re looking for something more subtle, consider balayage highlights or a gloss treatment.
- Eyebrows: Your eyebrows play a huge part in framing your face, so make sure they look sharp and beautiful. You can try shaping them yourself, but you can always trust a professional threading treatment. Full, well-brushed brows can help you look younger and more awake.
- Manicure and pedicure: Celebrate the season with some cute holiday nail art! For a look that can last all the way to Christmas, opt for gel polish on shorter nails (which is actually a trend this fall).
Christmas is one of the craziest times of the year, with vacations and family and presents galore. If you find yourself getting tired from all the excitement, take a moment for yourself to relax.
- Hydrate: We’ve all heard this a hundred times, but it’s really true. Your best beauty hack is to drink more water and stay hydrated. It will help clear your skin and give you more energy. Water is especially important in winter when heaters and fireplaces can start to dry us out.
- Vitamins: If you don’t use vitamins already, try incorporating some into your routine. They can help you get shiny hair and glowing skin – all in one little step! Do a little research online to find which vitamins work best for you.
- Beauty sleep: Even with all the beauty prep in the world, none of it will matter if you don’t get enough sleep. Resting allows our bodies to recover and replenish. A good night’s sleep will help you fight off colds and those pesky undereye bags. Stay away from your phone or TV at night to help you fall asleep more easily.
With all these tips in mind, you can put your best face forward through all of the holiday season! You’ll look bright and beautiful by the time you’re popping champagne on New Year’s Eve. Cheers!